Saturday, April 27, 2013

Welcome!

Hello there. My name is Brandon Kyle (Jude) Miller. I am a musician and writer from Orlando, FL. If you're wondering what this blog is about, it is about being an artist and maintaining the "Artistic Mindset" in the modern world, a world of minimum wage, thrown-out gigs, corporate types, and general unrest among the younger generation. I feel positively about the world I live in and hope to explore some of the ideas of being an artist in the 21st Century world without having to sacrifice things like financial security and one's vision for the "greater good" or because "that's the way the world works." What I hope to accomplish here is bringing in my personal philosophies and exploring them, at length, in order to create a clearer vision of what it is to be an artist and a musician, without having to sacrifice one's humanity in order to do so. This blog should be updated at a minimum of once a week.

The idea came from meeting saxophonist Antonio Hart. He asked a group of students after we played through Bill Evan's "Nardis," "What are you trying to say?"

No comments:

Post a Comment